Groupe Berkem : an eco-responsible chemistry
Since its inception, Groupe Berkem has placed its knowledge about nature at the core of the activities carried out by its subsidiaries and its department :
- Capturing the best from plants by extracting and manufacturing active ingredients
- Preserving the natural qualities of products through freeze-drying
- Formulating solutions, bio-based where possible, for the preservation of building materials, particularly wood. Supporting public health and pest control players with its solutions
- Replace fossil fuels with sustainable resources in the synthesis of resins.
- Make its expertise available to synthetic biocide manufacturers in order to provide them with innovative plant-based solutions, so as to reduce biocidal active substance levels while maintaining their effectiveness
Since its inception, Groupe Berkem has placed its knowledge about nature at the core of there activities
Groupe Berkem’s objective is to promote the use of bio-based products, particularly in the biocides and resins industry. This strategy, which has been underway for more than ten years, marks a real turning point and foreshadows the strategic directions for the years to come. For a chemical manufacturer, eliminating the use of fossil fuels, working with products derived from biomass and being environmentally responsible are notions that have been quickly adopted because they are major concerns and challenges for our society. The Group has evolved by implementing a proactive innovation policy at all levels:
- Strong investment in R&D to offer products, particularly customised products, with very high added value.
- Continuous improvement of our production tools to combine high performance, stringent product quality and respect for people and the environment.
- Anticipate regulatory requirements and changes in the chemical markets.
To consolidate its position in the plant-based chemistry market and bio-based biocidal solutions in particular, Groupe Berkem has decided to pursue its growth in an organically manner via mergers and acquisitions in two ways:
- Establishing its long-standing know-how in plant extraction and formulation in order to be able to combine plant extracts and synthetic products in specialty chemicals and thus meet market expectations.
- Making its expertise available to users of biocides in order to provide them with innovative plant-based solutions, so as to reduce biocidal active substance levels while maintaining
Our International Presence