Groupe Berkem : an eco-responsible chemistry
Since its inception, Groupe Berkem has placed its knowledge about nature at the core of the activities carried out by its subsidiaries and its department :
- Capturing the best from plants by extracting and manufacturing active ingredients with BERKEM
- Preserving the natural qualities of products through freeze-drying using EUROLYO
- Formulating solutions, bio-based where possible, for the preservation of building materials, particularly wood. Supporting public health and pest control players with its solutions. This is ADKALIS’ strategy.
- LIXOL’s objective is to replace fossil fuels with sustainable resources in the synthesis of resins.
- Make its expertise available to synthetic biocide manufacturers in order to provide them with innovative plant-based solutions, so as to reduce biocidal active substance levels while maintaining their effectiveness.
Since its inception, Groupe Berkem has placed its knowledge about nature at the core of the activities carried out by its subsidiaries and its department
Groupe Berkem’s objective is to promote the use of bio-based products,
particularly in the biocides and resins industry. This strategy, which has been
underway for more than ten years, marks a real turning point and foreshadows
the strategic directions for the years to come. For a chemical manufacturer, eliminating the use of fossil fuels, working with products derived from biomass and being environmentally responsible are notions that have been quickly adopted because they are major concerns and challenges for our society. The Group has evolved by implementing a proactive innovation policy at all levels:
- Strong investment in R&D to offer products, particularly customised
products, with very high added value.
- Continuous improvement of our production tools to combine high
performance, stringent product quality and respect for people and
- Anticipate regulatory requirements and changes in the chemical
To consolidate its position in the plant-based chemistry market and bio-based biocidal solutions in particular, Groupe Berkem has decided to pursue its growth in an organically manner via mergers and acquisitions in two ways:
- Establishing its long-standing know-how in plant extraction and formulation in order to be able to combine plant extracts and synthetic products in specialty chemicals and thus meet market expectations.
- Making its expertise available to users of biocides in order to provide them with innovative plant-based solutions, so as to reduce biocidal active substance levels while maintaining
Groupe Berkem subsidiaries, departments, activities and markets
Food, cosmetics, nutraceuticals and pharmaceuticals
Food, cosmetics, nutraceutical and pharmaceuticals
Buildings and public works/Construction, Wood industry, General industry, Pest control, Public hygiene, Disinfection
Building, Industry, Wood, Inks
Development of innovative plant-based solutions
Buildings and public works/Construction, General industry, Public and rural hygiene, Disinfection, Textile
Our International Presence