Gender professional equality index between women and men
The monitoring of gender equality indicators has been mandatory since March 1, 2020 for all companies employing at least 50 employees. Therefore, in order to establish its gender equality index between women and men, Groupe Berkem, since 2010, based its calculations on four indicators. With a score of 79 points out of 100, Groupe Berkem companies are in compliance with the legal requirements regarding professional equality between women and men.
Details of the indicators
Indicator on gender pay gap (40 points):
This indicator is calculated on the average pay of women compared to that of men, on age, and socio-professional category. For this first indicator, Groupe Berkem companies obtained a result of 39 points out of 40.
Indicator on the difference of the individual pay increases rate between women and men (35 points):
This indicator compares, by socio-professional category, the percentage of women and men who received an individual increase during the year. For this second index, Groupe Berkem companies obtained a score of 35 points out of 35.
Indicator on the percentage of employees who received a pay raise in the year following their return from maternity leave (15 points):
This indicator calculates the percentage of female employees who received an increase of their wage during the year following their return from maternity leave, if increases occurred during their leave maternity period. For this third index, 66,7% of employees received an increase on their return from maternity or adoption leave. Considering that only two employees out of 3 returning from maternity or adoption leave in 2021 received a raise, the result is 0 point out of 15.
Indicator on the number of employees of the under-represented sex among the ten highest paid employees (10 points):
For this fourth and final index, Groupe Berkem companies have only three representatives of the under-represented gender among the ten highest paid employees. Therefore, they scored 5 points out of 10. Groupe Berkem has a ratio of two thirds men and one third women in the Groupe’s remuneration, so this ratio is respected.
Groupe Berkem, a very good student in CSR
For the year 2020, Groupe Berkem has an overall score of 73/100. This score corresponds to an “Advanced” performance level on the EthiFinance rating scale, i.e. a higher level of ESG maturity than that observed in comparable companies (in terms of workforce and sector of activity).
Groupe Berkem in CSR actions
As part of its commitment to CSR, Groupe Berkem is undertaking a number of actions. Here are some examples related to social, economic and external stakeholders (clients, suppliers, neighbourhood…).
- Implementation of technical solutions that favour the environment, the neighbourhood and health: installation of noise reduction panels, condensers that limit VOC dispersion 2, gas scrubbers 3, replacement of the boiler burner with a new generation energy-saving burner, valve insulation campaigns.
- Limitation of transport-related environmental impact: full truck loads, stackable packaging, concentrated solutions.
- Reduction of environmental impact from business travel: remote meetings by videoconference, purchase of two electric cars.
- Actions to reduce the quantity of consumables – excluding energy (paper, water, etc.): digitisation of administrative processes (zero paper target), staff awareness.
- Systems to treat, recycle or reuse water: on-site water treatment plant, process optimisation to save raw material water (concentrated formulations), ongoing studies on rainwater recycling.
- Annual measurements and assessments of VOC emissions.
- Action plan to reduce the amount of waste, to sort, to improve the recovery of waste.
- Development of products to limit the use of hazardous materials (innovative plant-based solutions).
- Humanitarian donations and contributions to local and national associations.
- Sponsorships and patronage.
- Welcoming trainees of all levels of training.
- CAT, Les Jardins de Casimir for green spaces…
- Encouragement of solidarity leave 1.
- Skills development: training plan for each Groupe Berkem employee.
- Conducting employee surveys on various topics.
- Establishment of adapted working conditions in case of exceptional family or health situations.
- Participation in working groups or professional bodies/unions (Qualibat 4, AFISE 5 AFNOR 6, France Chimie…).
- Privileged relationships with local suppliers: plant extraction projects in partnership with regional farmers.
- Conducting customer satisfaction surveys.
- Accompanying clients in their regulatory procedures.